Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Weekend Bridal Shower



This past weekend I helped host my soon to be sister in law's bridal shower. Here are some images of the decor. Believe it or not, between my mother in law and I, we had enough crystal for 40 people, but not enough china. :(


My mother in law made all of the tissue paper flowers as well. So pretty! I wish I had gotten a close up of them. They even had yellow centers.

At these parties, I always serve my Zucchini Salad. It is a light salad that is perfect for a summer meal. People always ask for the recipe afterwards, so....

Without further ado, here are some photos and the recipe. (I tried to take pictures like Sunday Suppers. If you don't know about S.S., it is a beautiful blog with great images of food and really, really good recipes. I often check it when I am at a loss for what to make for our "fancy" Sunday dinners.




Zucchini Salad

Ingredients:
4 lbs. of yellow squash and zucchini
4 cups of baby arugula
capers (1 small jar)
2-3 garlic cloves minced
coarse salt
fresh ground pepper
1 c flat leaf parsley minced
grated parmasen cheese
1 c olive oil
1/4 c lemon juice

In a small bowl mince garlic cloves and add a pinch of coarse salt. Let stand. Slice zucchini and squash on an angle about an 1/8" thick. If you have a mandolin that works best. Add the lemon juice to the garlic and salt. Whisk together. (The liquid measurements are all approx. I just do it by taste anymore). Slowly add the olive oil and whisk all together. Set aside.

Put the squash and zucchini in a large bowl and put the arugula and chopped parsely in another large bowl. Pour about 1/3 of the dressing onto the arugula and parsley until it is lightly coated. Pour the remaining dressing on the squash mixture and toss to coat. Take a large platter and layer all ingredients. First layer, spread half of the arugula on the platter. Second layer, spread half of the squash mixture and cover the arugula. Then sprinkle half of the capers and grated parm. cheese on top. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Garnish with large shavings of parm. cheese. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment