Wednesday, January 13, 2010

1st Birthday Party Invitations


So you all must think that I just create invitations and announcements for myself or family members. I promise, I do have clients! Stay tuned...next week I will be featuring a couple save the dates. This is the last family oriented project for awhile and this one is special to me, so I have to show it off.

I am getting a little sad just thinking about it. My baby boy is turning one at the end of the month. I cannot believe how time flies. It seems like just yesterday we left the hospital and now he is almost walking. It has been a interesting year, with lots of adjustments with having a baby and running a business, but I am getting better at it and am starting to figure out a work/life/family balance.

So...like I said, I am WORKING on it. I am kind of embarrassed to say, but I sent these invites out on Tuesday. His party is in 13 days! Any paper chick knows that you need at lease 4 weeks notice for this sort of thing! It's just that time escapes me these days! So anywho, I toyed with the idea of purchasing some pre-made invitations from Target, but really, that is unacceptable on so many levels, especially if you design invites for a living. I HAD to make the time! 

I remember asking a girlfriend awhile back what it was like to have kids. She said, "Sometimes they drive you crazy, but they are the funniest little people. They make me laugh everyday."
That statement has always stuck with me and I am finding that to be so true. For the invite we wanted to show what a funny little personality Cam has developed. I wrote a day in the life of Campbell Myers and my husband revised it and put the "funny" in it. This is what I came up with.



The colors were inspired by my green and yellow Anthro sweater (see more of that tomorrow) I purchased for MYSELF for Christmas.  and the rest was just humor and my love for fun little graphics (see my timelines).

My favorite part of the whole design...the Spanish speaking deer!


No comments:

Post a Comment